RECLAIMING THE TABLE - THE TABLE TALK BASKET
Your dinner table may be the most sacred piece of furniture in your home. It is a place that can change your family and the future of the next generation. In the series RECLAIMING THE TABLE, we’ve been setting up new table traditions that make shared meals a place for fellowship, discipleship, thanksgiving, and outreach. We’re asking every person to pray over every meal and to have at least three device-free meals together with family or friends.
The Bible directs Christian families, friends, and church families to use meal time to
- Connect with each other in a meaningful way.
- Remember the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- Celebrate life together – especially marking spiritual milestones and answers to prayer.
Last Sunday I challenged every home to use a TABLE TALK Basket in their home. We’re going to have a limited number of these available free of charge in our HomeView Center this Sunday. But any basket will work – it’s really simple. During meals together
- PUT your devices in the basket.
- PICK a question from the basket & talk about it.
- PRAY, thanking God for food, family, & friends.
We have a set of Table Talk questions you can have. But come up with questions that work best for your table. What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?
Who gave you your first Bible? If you could ask God any question, what would it be? When did God first become real to you?
Let’s RECLAIM the TABLE for the KINGDOM.
See You Sunday,